The TJ 5x flute
(Not available in North and South America)
The aim of creating this 'budget' model TJ 5x flute model is to capture the potential of the new flute player, or those returning to playing after an extended break, and who are working to a very tight and limited budget.
At the price point there is usually only poor quality instruments for sale with a brand name you've never heard of. Instruments, which do nothing to meet the learning requirements of an eager new player who doesn’t have the resource or budget to buy one of the world's leading, but more expensive 'Award Winning' starter flutes the TJ 10x.
The team at TJ flutes wanted to solve this issue. We wanted to create a budget instrument that will encourage and allow the new player to develop their skills and talent. We also didn't want the player to be discouraged with their new flute constantly at the repairers, which is sadly the experience of many who purchase similar priced flutes with strange, never heard of before brand names online
How have we done this?
By partnering for the very first time with another factory (unlike all other TJ flutes which are designed and manufactured by ourselves), these TJ 5x models, although still designed by our TJ flute technical team, are priced following manufacturing scaleability and price reductions where we felt they were possible, but most importantly we have also made sure that we haven’t compromised the performance quality. We present to you the new TJ 5x starter flute.
- Silver-plated throughout
- Headjoint - Designed to be free blowing to assist the new player
- Padding – Good quality pads with accurate airtight seal which is vitally important to the performance of the instrument
- Good quality and strong mechanism
- Purple lined wooden case with black fleecy lined case cover
- Care and attention to the finishing of all key work – carefully worked during manufacture and then double checked by our UK technicians to ensure instrument looks great to the eye!
- Accuracy and tightness of all fitting of the key assembly - Gives a secure and positive feel to the student.
Celebrating music, our little imperfections and promoting positive mental health.
The most effective way to protect yourself against Coronavirus is by frequently washing your hands with soap and water and/or cleaning your hands with alcohol-based hand rub.
1. Do not share instruments during a rehearsal or concert.
2. Before rehearsal/performance begins:
a. Wash your hands well with soap and water and then use alcohol-based hand rub.
b. Wipe down the lip plate and each key of every instrument with an alcohol wipe and then discard wipe. (Take
extreme care not to touch the pads with the alcohol wipe).
3. If you have a wooden lip, head, flute or wooden piccolo them do not wipe down the wood with an alcohol wipe!
4. Try not to touch your face with your hands until rehearsal is over. If you do, wipe hands and fingers with alcohol-based hand rub or alcohol wipe before touching the flute.
5. After every rehearsal or performance: before putting the instrument into its case, first swab the inside of the flute and put the cleaning cloth in a plastic sandwich bag, then wipe down the lip plate and keys with an alcohol wipe, being careful not to touch the pads. Upon arriving home, wash the swab/cloth as soon as possible and throw away the plastic bag.